Monday, January 24, 2011

Poem by Karma

Just The Way I Am

Doing time for no known crime
Has been difficult for me
It's hard to live with chronic pain
That others cannot see

The thief that robbed my body
Stole my strength and left me pain
I do my very best to cope
I struggle to stay sane

I miss our get-togethers
I miss shopping at the mall
It hurts me to be left behind
It's not my choice at all

I long for how it used to be
When I could join right in
To do the fun and simple things
With family and friends

You seldom call or visit
You're tired of it, I guess
Of always asking, "Come along"
And never hearing, "Yes"

I ache to be with all of you
I wish I could explain
How doing 'normal' things in life
Can cause me so much pain

I'm trapped inside this body
With pain that has no end
I grieve for all the things I've lost
I'd like them back again

When I decline to join you
Please try to understand
It's not that I don't want to
It's just the way I am

1 comment:

  1. wow, thats all you have tosay, nothing else, that is sooooooo how I feel but didnt know how to put it in words, thanx so much

    ReplyDelete